Join us for our 9th Annual West Side Tenants’ Conference
Saturday, November 1, 9am-4pm
Fordham University School of Law at Lincoln Center
(150 W. 62nd Street at Columbus Ave.)
Our morning keynote speaker is the Attorney General’s Internet Bureau Chief Kathleen McGee. McGee has litigated the AG’s Airbnb lawsuit. State Senator Liz Krueger will also speak.
Additionally, we will have workshops and panels on topics including:
- How to find affordable housing
- Housing benefits for seniors
- Winning repairs & organizing
- Get rid of those damn bedbugs
- MCIs & other rent increases
- Panel: What Airbnb won’t tell you
- Panel: Rent laws expire in 2015
- Stop landlord/tenant harassment
- Section 8 & Mitchell-Lama
- Tabling & many speakers
- NYCHA: know your rights
- Panel: City’s plan for affordable housing and the West Side
Free on-site assistance for tenants who have questions about their housing situation and to find out how to strengthen and renew the rent laws.
Free breakfast and lunch for all participants!